What’s that I spy over there? Unpacked mail? Well, since the February 2018 Sephora Play! box still has its items clustered together and not organized in their appropriate bins yet, let’s take a look. If you’re not aware, Sephora Play! is a monthly subscription ($10 per month) that will send you five deluxe mini samples from their band of brands. Usually, Sephora will include a bonus fragrance sample item in each box as well.
Sephora Play! sends out several box variations. This is box #177. It contained (clockwise from top):
- Belief Moisturizing Eye Bomb
- First Aid Beauty Ginger Turmeric Mask
- Sephora Collection Rouge Matte | Rebel Chic
- Lancôme Drama Liqui-Pencil | Noir Intense
- Sephora Cream Lip Stain | 01 Always Red
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (not pictured)
4 out of 6.
I’ve never tried the Belief eye product before. I appreciate the existence of Belief, but I’ve never found their products moisturizing enough despite the lines’ bombastic names. First Aid’s Ginger Turmeric Mask is getting rave reviews from some of my favorite bloggers. Also, I am always happy to get more Flowerbomb. Lastly, a new plum is a welcome addition to my mini lipstick collection. Sephora Collection cosmetics are always solid performers. I’ve never tried their matte formula before. I hope I like it!
I am ‘meh’ on another black eyeliner. Black is way too harsh on me. I saw others got a brown in their boxes. I may have to fudge my profile a bit to get this fixed. Also, I have a few of the Sephora Cream Lip Stains. The samples are pretty tiny and I cannot find excitement with liquid mattes in general.
For the sake of documentation and curiosity, I put together comparisons of what Sephora sent in 2017 and 2016. I’ve been a subscriber since the beginning! And, hey, would you look at that: I got the same eyeliner two years ago except it was in purple. It’s nice to have a color change, but I’m loaded with black eyeliners.
- Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream
- NARS Velvet Lip Glide | Bound
- Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy
- Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer
- Sephora Collection LashCraft Length & Volume Mascara
- Marc Jacobs Divine Decadence (not pictured)
Two Years Ago
- BareMinerals Pop of Passion Lip Oil-Balm | Plumberry Pop
- Bumble and Bumble Prêt-à-Powder
- Lancome Drama Liqui-Pencil Longwear Eyeliner | Noir Intense
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick | N9 Copper Pink
- Tom Ford Black Orchid (not pictured)
What’s your favorite subscription box? Let me know in the comments below!